Yoga and surfing complement each other really well, and we’ve thrown in sunshine, great Moroccan food, awesome company and beautiful views for our yoga and surf retreat in Morocco, 23rd-30th November. Book now via Yoga On A Shoestring.
This retreat will comprise an energising week of yoga, with the option of surfing the waves in the warm Moroccan ocean. You’ll stay in the beautiful Villa Mandala, set on the coast next to endless sandy beaches, in the Agadir region, enjoying the warmest Moroccan hospitality.
The villa has fabulous Atlantic ocean views and the spacious yoga shala is perched on the rooftop so you can look across the sea to the horizon as we practise vinyasa flow yoga each morning,
“This was my first yoga week and it surely will not be my last. The week in Morocco was amazing… Villa Mandala, decorated in typical Moroccan decor oozed relaxation all over. All the staff at the villa were so friendly, helpful and kind, nothing was too much for them. Any problem or question was quickly dealt with. Najis, the manager is absolutely delightful and her organisational skills are amazing. A special mention deserves also the chef. He surprised us with so many delicious vegetarian meals that I am running out of words to praise them all.” ~ Beatrice
- Two yoga classes per day, one uplifting sunrise vinyasa flow class, and one more relaxing, soothing yin yoga class in the evening.
- Yoga workshops and mini sessions, on everything from beginners’ Thai yoga massage to partner yoga and handstands.
- Support, encouragement and teaching from two experienced yoga teachers, Jade Lizzie and myself.
- Three delicious vegetarian meals per day, all prepared fresh using local ingredients.
- Accommodation of your choice in the stunning Villa Mandala.
- Access to the beachfront swimming pool.
- Unlimited tea, coffee and fresh fruit.
- Airport transfers from Agadir.
Not a surfer?
Don’t worry! The surfing is entirely optional, and there’s plenty more you can do, such as:
- Wander to Banana Point and stop off at the Beach Cafe for a dip, lounge and a drink.
- Explore miles of sandy beaches.
- Take a trip to the local hammam, a traditional Moroccan steam bath.
- Indulge in massage treatments.
- Take day trips to Essaouira, Agadir and the local souks
- Arrange horse or camel riding and quad biking.
- Book an excursion to the mountains to the breathtaking Paradise Valley.
Or you can simply take time to sunbathe, relax by the pool, or curl up in a shady spot with a good book.
Who is the yoga suitable for?
Everyone! Jade and I teach inclusive yoga, suitable for all levels from complete beginners to those who’ve been practising for years.
Jade and Tom gave us a wonderful retreat. I not only saw my progress in yoga over the week, they also showed a gentle kindness and lightness that allowed me to settle into the moment…they are very special yoga teachers. I would recommend to anyone and would love to return. ~ Lyz
Whether you’ve done a couple of yoga classes and you’re curious to learn more, or you’re wanting to go further and perfect your handstands or arm balances, this yoga and surf retreat will provide what you’re looking for.
Our intention through yoga is to have fun, help you find a deeper connection with your body through movement, and in doing so find more strength, more ease and more enjoyment.
I really loved this experience. Jade and Tom are great! Jade explains herself very clearly and I really appreciate Tom’s help. Both of them were willing to help us during the classes and I now have a better understanding of many poses…I would strongly recommend this retreat! ~Christina
How much does it cost?
Prices start from £625 per person, depending on the room choice. For all accommodation options, click here.
Ready for more information?
For full details and booking, check out the Yoga on a Shoestring website.